Lean Construction Ireland are seeking a Business Unit Leader (BUL)
Lean Construction Ireland (LCi) is a community of learning and practice that advocates for the transformation of the Irish construction sector through the adoption of Lean thinking and practices by the entire sector.
Our vision is to create an environment that enables the design and delivery of capital projects Better, Faster, Together, and that also advances organisations’ operational excellence.
Our mission is to transform Irish construction by promoting Lean thinking, tools and technology.
LCi Strategic Plan 2022/2024 identifies several key objectives that not only enhances LCi’s influence and reach across the Irish construction sector, but will also enable LCi to better support the sector with the understanding and implementation of Lean thinking and practices and continuous improvement initiatives.
To support the Board deliver the objectives set out in Strategic Plan 2022/2024, LCi is looking to appoint a Business Unit Leader (BUL) to lead delivery of the strategic plan. The BUL will play a key role as part of the LCi Executive and will have responsibility not just for delivering the objectives set out in Strategic Plan 2022/2024, but for supporting the Board accelerate achieving its vision and objectives.
Business Unit Leader responsible for leading and driving forward the actions and activities required to delivery Strategic Plan 2022/2024 and accelerate LCi’s achieving its vision and objectives.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Defining and specifying the priority outputs and deliverables associated with each “Pillar” of LCi’s Strategic Plan 2022/2024.
- Developing a programme of activities and delivery timeline for these outputs and deliverables.
- Delivering the outputs required as part of Strategic Plan 2022/2024.
- Securing input and support from across the Irish construction sector (and wider afield) to progress delivery of Strategic Plan 2022/2024.
- Identifying sources of income to cover any investment LCi needs to make to progress the programme of activities and realise these sources.
- Ensuring there exists sound communication between the various Board working groups and the LCi Executive.
- Actively engaging with LCi’s Media and Events partner to support. progressing strategic plan activities and promote the understanding of LCi across the Irish construction sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Irish construction sector are required
- Experience of managing and delivering project within the construction environment is required
- Knowledge of Lean and continuous improvement would be an advantage however not necessarily a requirement
- LCi will provide appropriate training for the individual
- 2 – 3 Days per week or appropriate to meet the requirements of the role (to be agreed with LCi)
To learn more about this unique opportunity, please complete the below and a colleague will be in contact shortly: